Monday, January 26, 2009

The Word of God is Alive and Active

I started my second semester of college today. It is refreshing to be back in the grind of school, which feels strange to me. I guess I am just tired of not doing anything productive. Anyway, I was in my Bible class today and my teacher was telling a story of how he was challenged in college to memorize Colossians 3:1-17. He ended the class but reciting it to the us and it almost brought tears to my eyes. I have been thinking lately what scripture is and how those seemingly static human words are actually the dynamic words of Yahweh himself. I really felt that I experienced this powerfully when he was reciting the passage he had memorized many years ago. I was overcome for a minute with the strength that seemed to come from those words. It was as if they were no longer human words but the breath of God.

No comments: