Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Stream of consciousness

The world crumbles,

Yes
there is Good,

hiding in many shadows,

Yahweh.

King.

Love.

Why?

Creation,
I watch you moan,

and I join in.

I am finally letting myself feel
again.

Yes,

Hope
is
real,

I challenge
all
your
religions
you have made,

Human,

you scrabble to please God,

you seek to be near to him,

you know the only hope must be in God,

yet all your rituals
give you temporary feelings that
only lead to despair,
or a false hope,

narrow is the pathway to life,
and to the giver of life,

and few find it,

give up your religion,
give up your self confidence,
stop trying to be good enough for God!

Cling
to Jesus,

let yourself die,

and you will find life,
and you will find God,
and know him as a friend,
as a loving father,

I beg of you,

I weep for those who do not listen,
and for those who cannot hear,

Yahweh,
Jesus,

Why do I get to know the joy of knowing you
while others are blind?

and knowing this,
feeling the weight of this,

Why the hell do I return to my sin?
Why the hell do I return to my own efforts?

It is insanity.

God,

lead me more and more,

to the place where
I feel my emptiness apart from you,

Help me to better cling to you
Jesus,

I am a desperate man,

And I entreat you,
man or woman,

become desperate,
know emptiness,

and you will find fullness
in Jesus,

And a hope that is truly unshakable

No comments: