Sunday, February 21, 2010

my adventure

I am writing this post more for myself than anyone. To remind myself of where I am and where I am going.

I have been reading Donald Miller's latest book A Million Miles in a Thousand Years and in it he talks about story. Specifically what it looks like to approach how we live as if telling a story to the world. My story is the journey of telling a story. I want to tell the world of God's story. The story of the creator who made this world good and then took responsibility when his prize creation (us) broke what was good. The story of this loving God who is weaving a story of redemption for humanity and for all of creation. I am on an adventure to better understand and articulate this story. I plan on pursuing this goal through my intellectual study and through the way I live as a result of what I know. As I write this I am a new student of the Bible, the written record of God's story. I am now ready to forsake myself in order to better know this written record and to better obey it. I believe at the core of who I am that this story is the intended climax of all our stories, all the stories that man has been telling since of the dawn of the human race.

No comments: