Sunday, July 13, 2008

Belize part 1

I just returned from a 7 day trip to Belize. I love mission trips. I always come back how feeling like I learned and experienced so much. This trip was a very surreal experience but now that I am back home I really miss it. I think this past week I really got to live. I got to live the way that God wants me to and it was so freeing. I arrived in Belize on Saturday, July 5th and when I was only in Belize for a few hours we were already serving the people of Belize by going to a local rest home and hanging out with the people there. On Sunday we attended church at the Baptist church that we hosted our Vacation Bible School at. Our team was made of 18 college students from my church, a group of high school students from a Roman Catholic church in Atlanta, and then a lady and her niece from Illinois. I feel that God really put a very good team together. Even though I had never met the people from Atlanta or Illinois, we really worked well together.

No comments: